Notices - Parks & Recreation
Park Updates and Notices
JUNE 14 PARKS AND RECREATION UPDATE
On Monday, June 14, 2021 Los Angeles County announced an update to the LA County Department of Public Health protocols that align with the State's Public Health Order. The County urges everyone, especially those that are not or cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19 to continue to exercise caution and good judgment as physical distancing requirements and capacity limitations are removed. This new County Order will take effect as of 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, June 15th.
For the official order with more information see here: https://bit.ly/3cHCC6C
The Department is working to re-open indoor recreation centers in alignment with the County and State orders - please follow Burbank Parks and Recreation social media pages for updates.
An official press release for the re-opening of indoor recreation centers will be announced by Thursday, June 17th.
As of April 1, 2021, all fields are playable and sports programs will continue as scheduled.
In the event of field closures, this web page and the Field Conditions Hotline (818) 238-1970 will be updated to inform managers and players when athletic fields are unplayable or when games and programs are cancelled.
The County urges everyone, especially those that are not or cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19 to continue to exercise caution and good judgment as physical distancing requirements and capacity limitations are removed.
- The Starlight Bowl is pleased to present the 2021 Summer Concert Series with some changes. The health and safety of our audience, staff and artists are our top priority, and the venue will operate following County guidance.
- The annual Burbank 4th of July fireworks display will take place beginning at 9:00 pm and we invite you to watch safely from the comfort of home in your front and backyards. There will be no concert or public access to the Starlight Bowl area. This change allows us to maintain a safe environment for all in the community.
- While the Starlight Bowl will not be offering our City Concert Series this summer, we are excited for the shows our partners will be presenting this season.
Tickets are now available! Please visit our www.StarlightBowl.com for more information.
- Stough Canyon Nature Center re-opened on Tuesday, May 11th. Visit the Nature Center page for visitor information.
- Burbank hiking trails, include Wildwood Canyon and Stough Canyon are open. Trails remain open, but may close in the event of inclement weather and/or hazardous trail conditions. Please visit BurbankCA.gov/hiking for announced closures.
- All Tennis Courts are open. Tennis courts are located at: Brace Canyon Park, George Izay Park, McCambridge Park (Burbank Tennis Center), Mountain View Park, Verdugo Park.
- Instructors may reserve tennis courts by contacting (818) 238-5300. For more information, and to view current tennis court permits, visit: BurbankCA.gov/ParkPermits.
- Public play is available at all other times, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Courtside Caffe located at Burbank Tennis Center is open take-out and delivery. Please visit: BurbankTennisCenter.com for more information.
- Outdoor Pickleball courts located at Larry L. Maxam Park are open on Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings. Additionally.
- Multi-use courts at George Izay Park is available for Pickleball play on Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings.
- Pickleball is also available at Burbank Tennis Center.
- For more information and schedules, please visit: BurbankCA.gov/pickleball.
- Valley Skate Park is open for skateboarding, scootering, and BMX biking during scheduled times.
- Skateboard Camps and classes also offered at the facility.
- Visit BurbankCA.gov/skatepark for more information and schedules.
- Verdugo Aquatic Facility and McCambridge Pool are open for lap swim, learn-to-swim and fitness classes, and swim team practices.
- Recreational swim, diving boards, water features, and water slides will re-open June 21.
- Please visit for BurbankCA.gov/Aquatics for more information.