CREST Youth Employment - Management Services
CREST Youth Employment
YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMS - CREST
The CREST Program offers students ages 16 - 17 paid employment in which they receive job skills training as well as on-the-job training within a City of Burbank Department.
During mandatory weekly training sessions with the Youth Employment Office, students will be trained in career portfolio preparation, becoming a responsible member of the workforce, time management, ethics in the workplace, interview skills, etc.
Each student will be assigned a City Department as a worksite based on the student’s career interests, skills, and abilities. While working with a City Department, students will have tasks and projects assigned accordingly.
Students are supervised by a Youth Employment Assistant, Administrative Analyst II and their assigned worksite supervisor.
Students who complete the CREST Program receive a complete career portfolio including:
- Professional resume
- Cover letter
- Reference page
- Letters of recommendation
- Professional goals
- Samples of work
- Thank you letter
- Time management training
- Interviewing skills
- Effective team working skills
- Public Speaking skills
- “7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” book and workbook
- Money management and budgeting training
- CREST work shirt and ID
- CREST Program certificate of completion, signed by the Mayor of Burbank
- Mock interview workshop
- Automatic eligibility for membership to the GAIN Federal Credit Union and will receive training on how to enroll/information on Independent Advantage Program
- Up to 130-164 hours of PAID WORK EXPERIENCE
- Professional relationships with peers and City of Burbank supervisors
- Spring (February-March), Summer (June-August) and Fall (October-December)
Days and Hours of WorkMandatory training with the Youth Employment Office:
- Spring and fall sessions: every Thursday afternoon (after school)
- Summer session: every Friday morning
- Flexible scheduling around school only
- Students must be able to commit at least 10-15 hours per work week
- Applicants must be between 16-17 years of age by the start of the programs.
- No prior work experience required.
- Applicants must commit to the full duration of the session to participate in the CREST Program. Scheduled training and work days are mandatory in order to gain a well-rounded experience with the City of Burbank.
How to Apply
Applications are available:
- Spring (October – December)
- Summer (February – March)
- Fall (July – August)
- Visit the City of Burbank website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/burbankca
- Click on the “Employment” link on the top right-hand corner of our website.
- Click on “Youth Services Worker – CREST Program” job link.
- Click on apply.
- Log in or create an account with the City of Burbank.
- Interviews for the CREST Program are a competitive process and are held two months prior to each session.
- Students who meet program requirements and submit a complete application will be notified of interview appointment by phone.
- Students are to prepare for an oral interview as well as a written examination.
For questions, please call the Youth Employment Office at (818) 238-5324